Thursday, January 19, 2012

In 2012...


We are now in the year 2012... it's been a while, but we got here... and, now, we're here...
As I think about the past few years, I can't help but think about how fast our everyday passes.
In sixth grade, about 15 years ago, we were to write a letter to ourselves in class. We were to write a letter to our 20 years later self. So, I calculated that I'd be 32 years old by then and after finishing my letter, I closed it in an envelope and labeled it "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL 2016!!!"
I still have that letter and every time I take it out, I put it back again. Well, now, there's only 4 years until 2016... 4 years until 2 decades have passed... 4 years until 20 years have passed...
It's way too fast... all of it... it's just way too fast.
I have spent a few weeks giving myself a break from almost everything but I'm here now, in 2012, and I will be posting as often as possible so stick around and remember to slow down a bit and notice your world as it passes.

Check out the video at the top and see how fast it can all pass and how beautiful it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment