Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our Own Collage - heARTworks


The dictionary defines COLLAGE as: an assemblage or occurrence of diverse elements or fragments in an unlikely or unexpected juxtaposition.

After only 27 years of life, I realize that our life can be described as our COLLAGE. Our lives interweave and our experiences overlap as we build on our own collage everyday.

As I wake up every morning, next to the main man in my story, I iron a shirt... load up the laundry... I go to work and come home as each day passes... And, as the days go by and we grow together, each day, we apply a piece to our life's collage. Each one of us assembles our own collage and in being apart of an assemblage, I have decided to paste on our upcoming "heARTworks Show" to my life's collage. We will be displaying collaged pieces from over 20 artists of the Collage Artists of America. The show will be ongoing until March 10th, 2012. The opening reception will be held on Friday the 10th from 7-10pm. Come by and join us for an evening of assemblage and pre-valentine's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment