Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fear or Faith


I've been thinking today... about a lot of things... my grandma, death, life, marriage, friends, faith, and, mostly, fear... I don't know what it is but, these days, I feel like the last few weeks haven't happened. I feel like I've skipped over a month of my life and I just haven't seen her in a while. Due to that feeling, everything is getting better... except... for the fear that death left me. All my life I've heard people talk about it and I used to think it's that feeling you get when you look down from a high place or that feeling you get when you're on an airplane during turbulence. Now, I know the feeling of actual fear... it's the type of fear death leaves you... it makes you feel like you can lose anyone in your life at any certain moment and that is the type of fear that can swallow you up if it's not controlled. Today, I've been thinking... and after thinking it through, I've come to the conclusion that I choose faith... not fear. I have too much to do and too little time to fear it all.

"You block your dreams when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith."
Mary Manin Morrissey

1 comment: