Monday, April 4, 2011

Joy, You've Got Guts!

The "She's Got Guts!" opening was successful, but, this time it was a different kind of successful... This time, I actually had that one unexplainable moment.
If you haven't heard about the opening, the artist's name is Joy Villa and she is an all around artist. She is a tattoo artist, actress, painter, singer, model, performer and so many other things.
The art looked great but it wasn't just the art... I stood outside watching her talk about it and she was amazing... Her energy filled the room like I had never seen before and I, as an artist, can't explain how admirable that is.
During the show, she kept thanking me for giving her this opportunity and, now, I'd like to thank her for showing me what it is to be alive as an artist... what it is to be present with your artwork and how to engage other people into your work and yourself. Joy, you've got guts! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment