Thursday, May 26, 2011

All My Life...


Fed Ex is still delivering gifts for me... It was my bridal shower a couple of days ago and I had 100 women show up to show me they care. They got up, dressed up, wore lipstick, and showed up with gifts and smiles just to show me that they care about me, finally, tying the knot. At first, I was nervous... I was getting my makeup done in the morning and I was asked what it felt like to be getting married... I was speechless... I couldn't explain how it felt... knowing that it was mine this time... and, that they were all showing up for me... So,...I described it as "different" and "weird."
A couple of hours later, I was at my own bridal shower... The actual party turned out great and as it came to an end and everyone began to leave, I thought about how lucky I was to be receiving all of this... attention, love... compassion... respect... and, most of what I received was gifts... so many gifts!
I guess showers are for being showered with gifts... and if so, then, I'm enjoying the rain for now, but, besides all of the wrapped packages I've received, there is only one gift that I was lucky enough to receive... a gift that I would never return or exchange... and that's the love of a man for which I wish every girl can feel in their lifetime...
On a different note, as the ACAG Mother's day show comes to an end tomorrow, the 28th of May, I realize that this show was a very successful one and that Modest Fly has grown into something bigger than I had ever imagined... So, as I said yesterday, "I need a bigger challenge..." Thank you to all the women for being apart of something so much bigger than me. As I sent out a thank you, here is a very thoughtful response I received from one of the artists:

"You are welcome, sweet Iren. Getting to know you and working with you has been more than a pleasure... you are so gifted, gracious and beautiful inside and out... I cannot imagine but that you will be a wonderful wife and mother, for you are a special woman already."

So, these days, as I receive more gifts in the mail, I realize that I have been receiving gifts all my life...


No comments:

Post a Comment