Monday, May 16, 2011

The Days Are Going By So Fast...



Daddio in his tux

The days are going by so fast...
Days go by and I don't write... Then, when I come back to this empty box with the blinking cursor, I realize that it has been a while... because the days are going by so fast...
The dress day is over... the flower day is over... the photo day is over... the tux day is over... and, with that said, I'd like to share the tux day details with you...
It was just another day, but this day was supposed to be the boy's tuxedo day. So, with Armen being in one of his annoying, energized, full of things to say moods, we got in the car with my dad and drove down to the tux shop to pick them out. While Armen kept talking about how inconsiderate I was being not researching more on the tuxedo shops, I tried to keep my cool and let him get it out. There was no need to research! How many different types of tuxedos/shops can there possibly be in this city??? Why was he being so difficult?
Fifteen minutes later, we were walking into the tuxedo shop and as we looked around, my dad kept calm (as usual) and quiet, my sister sharing her opinions (as usual), and Armen talking (as usual). So, I took a deep breath and said, "Okay, tell me which one you like? You're going to be wearing it, so, please just look around and let me know." He kept saying, "You should have looked around more... how does it work? If we have to pay $200 for each one, then we'll just go buy tuxedos!" I took another deep breath and called the employee over and said, "Hi! Can you please let us know how this usually works? It's for our wedding in July and we're just wondering about the process of all this..." As the employee began to explain the process, I noticed Armen relaxed a bit and got a better feeling about being there. So, we all smiled and continued to find the right tuxes for each one of the men. Without any thoughts from both men, (because they didn't have any...) I chose the tuxes... the style, color, and fit, and called the employee over to have him write out the order. As I pointed to one of the ones hanging, I said, "Ok, we'll take this one for the dads... and these for the..." and, right then, my dad interrupted and said, "But, you don't think the collar on this one is too thin? His dad and I are pretty big men! These collars are so thin and small!" I looked over at my dad and said, "Ok, which one do you like? Tell me please!" So, as we picked them out, while sharing our thoughts and ideas, and changing our minds more than a couple of times, the employee was just about ready to go home for the day.
During the confusion, I looked over at my sister and said, "I don't understand what's wrong with Armen? Why is he being so difficult today?" She looked at me, smiled, and said, "He's just really excited... Can't you see? He doesn't know how else to act?" Then, as I watched Armen walk out in his tuxedo, I realized that I am going to marry this man in less than 50 days and he's going to be my husband...
Five minutes after him, my dad walked out of the fitting room with his shirt buttons still open revealing his belly as he tried buttoning up his collar and said, "This is tooo small... Don't they make bigger shirts for bigger men?" At that point, it was all a big joke and my sister and I just looked at each other and couldn't stop laughing...
And, now... the tux day is over... with many moments of annoyance and laughter, the day is over... Soon, the big day will be over and I'll still be here to share, with you, what is just the beginning...

1 comment:

  1. This is all so exciting and I am so excited for you! When I think of you and Armen, I remember him caring a picture of you and Aylin when he was on duty at the Marines. And all the romantic things he would do even before you guys were officially dating...Driving back to say "bye" and starting your stamp collection. Lol. His love for you is transparent. You deserve it all, Iren. <3

    ReplyDelete