Saturday, November 26, 2011

Be Forgiving


I've been married for about 5 months now and I have been given a lot of marriage advice... from the priest... to my mom... and married friends... to aunts and uncles... and the one piece of advice that everybody seems to have in common is "be forgiving"...
With Christmas coming around, I believe this might be the most kindest and most forgiving time of the year. It's sad that we are usually nicer when Christmas comes around as oppose to being nice all year long. Nice can be easy but forgiving can be much harder when we've been hurt. I think that being able to forgive someone can say something really special about you. I think that forgiveness has to be in our everyday with everybody, and not just in our marriage. I am sure that it's needed more often in a marriage than our everyday, which is why that is the one piece of advice that stuck with me. We have to be able to forgive someone when they don't pick up your call on purpose... when they are unkind and moody... when they don't think about your feelings... when they love you wrong... when they seem like they're always wrong... and when they seem like they don't care... We have to be able to forgive someone when they need to be forgiven...
So, I wake up every morning with this in mind... When he leaves his wet towel on the bed and his muddy clothes on the white carpet... and leaves for days at a time for work... I have to be able to forgive... because a wet towel might turn into something bigger one day and forgiving him now means I'll be ready to forgive later... and "be forgiving" is what they've told me to be...
So, I forgive and I hope to be forgiven...

No comments:

Post a Comment