Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy in the New Year!

Red Cup by Patricia Alexandria

As Christmas passes and we get ready for the new year, we all start to think about our new year's resolutions and how we can have a fresh start and do something different next year.
A little more than a year ago, I decided that I was going to write a blog post everyday for 365 days. I was committing myself to it because I wanted to grow from that experience even though I knew it was going to take away, at the least, 365 hours out of that year.
Then, today, I went over to Denny's to get some lunch... As I waited for my food, I glanced up at the television set. It was an interview of a man who had committed himself to running a marathon everyday for a whole year. Besides making my commitment seem quite small compared to his, it made me think about how much more I can dedicate myself to...
So... as we think about what we'd like to dedicate ourselves to next year, try to think about something you love... anything you love... because doing anything you love will make you happy and that's what we all want to be... happy in the New Year!
And as I say that, I'd like to wish every single one of my readers a Happy New Year to come!!

1 comment: