Thursday, December 8, 2011

"If You Build It, It Will Come"


Furniture... it's something I haven't had the pleasure of taking for granted in my house... until now. I believe that a piece of furniture should not be bought unless absolutely loved! After living in our home for about 5 months without furniture, sitting on plastic chairs and eating on plastic tables, I don't think I'll take my couch for granted now. We don't usually think about all that it takes to fill up an empty house with furniture and make it look like a home, but it sure took us 5 months to even begin the whole process. Armen says that if everything was already done and ready for me, I wouldn't notice it there and I'd take it for granted... He says, "If you build it, it will come..." And, for now, we live by that motto as I witness each molding and cabinet door put in, one by one. As we try to build every part of our life together slowly, we live each day as it comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment