Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm Not Alone...


I've been getting complaints about not posting... texts reading: "Why aren'y you posting on your blog??? What are you doing? or seeing me in public and saying, "Why don't you post up more honeymoon pictures?"
Well, honestly, I've been busy trying to get my life in order. I have moved out of my parents house now and am currently trying to make a "home." It's much easier said than done when you have an empty house to work with... no kitchen, no sink, no cabinets, bags of clothes without hangers, and much more... But, I have nothing to complain about because I get more done with each day and it feels like I am actually making a "home..." we both are... And, as we finish our chores everyday and go to bed in a silent home, I realize that it's just "him and I..."
The sound of the Food Network channel coming from my sister's room is gone... the sound of my dad's action movies is gone... and the sound of my mom yelling at him to turn it down, in the middle of the night, is gone... It really is just him and I... Laying there, in the middle of the night, listening to the silence, I realize that "him and I" are "us" now...
Now, it's "us" and "we" not just "him and I." Now, every time I get hungry, I have to see if he's hungry too... every time I wear my clothes, I have to make sure he's ready to go... every time I want to go to bed, I have to see if he's sleepy... every time I buy my favorite snack, I have to buy his favorite too... but every time I feel alone, I won't be...

1 comment:

  1. the last part was really sweet and it inspired me to write today too, thanks for you updates I always love to check back and read them. you are truly creative, you should keep it up!

    ReplyDelete