Monday, February 21, 2011

"Bridezilla's" To Do List


So, I've been listening... and, these days, all I can hear are my "Things to Do" list. I had my first, official, "Bridezilla" moment yesterday... (at least that's what my 16 year-old future bridesmaid had to say about my outburst) The funny thing was that I wasn't freaking out about anything that had to the wedding... It was just that I had so much to do that wasn't about the wedding...
My brain, being in so many different places at once resulted in me listing, out loud, my whole "To Do" list in public, on the street, with my sister and cousin as my onlookers. I have said, before, that we should take it "one day at a time" so, after being called a "Bridezilla" I took a deep breath and started laughing at her comment. It was a memorable and scary moment, but I laughed...
There is nothing I can do about my "To Do" list, except, get it done... Now, after sleeping on the idea that I might actually have had a "Bridezilla" outburst, I have decided to be as calm as possible and be glad that I even have a "To Do" list.

Tip of the Post: Be happy that you have a "To Do" list. What would you be doing if you didn't have one?

Here is what another "Bridezilla" had to say about being a "Bridezilla": "I really am starting to understand the making of a bridezilla. I don't get how we support and love so many people in our lives through good and not so good and when it is our turn to celebrate and be excited it is like people find pleasure in bringing us down.

Now don't jump all over me here and tell me that I am overreacting, being crazy, taking things out of context...what the bottom line is that some people really don't want others to be happy! That is what I am realizing...and it is a sad realization that hurts...I really think bridezillas are created out of normal girls who just get fed up with being hurt, pushed around and made to think they are self-centered brats...

Now I am going back to work and tonight I will be mailing out invitations to people who are bitter, upset and all around hating us for having a wedding 400 miles away...the happiest day of our lives!" - www.poshplay.bogspot.com


1 comment:

  1. Bitter people will get theirs Ir jan, don't worry honey. You deserve the best that is all I know and people that really do care will be there for you any time and every time you need them. I am always here for you : )
    El

    ReplyDelete