Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day


So... Valentine's Day... it was nice... didn't have much planned but it was nice...
Normally, I don't expect a bouquet of flowers, candy, Valentine's Card, or anything... Usually, I don't get the flowers, candy, or cards but it's not what it sounds like...
Last night, Armen walked in the door... and, like I hadn't expected, he didn't have anything in his hands... I said, "Hi, how was your day?" He answered, "Good... what you doin?" I replied, "Nothing... just making some dinner... How come you didn't get any flowers? Why do you think it's okay to come home, on Valentine's Day, without any flowers?..." He played around with Sable (the dog) as he said, "Well, I was going to stop by the store and get some flowers on the way home but... then, I didn't want to... why should I buy you flowers because it's Valentine's Day?... that's retarded... why can't it just be any day? Not Valentine's day..." As I listened to him trying to explain his "type of love" that only I tend to understand, I turned around and continued washing the dishes with a grin on my face. At that moment, listening to him was more memorable than a dozen roses would be, so, I grinned...
Being the "romantic" that he is, he did decide to go out and buy himself a motorcycle because, once, a long time ago, I had mentioned that we used to be a fun couple, riding on his motorcycle and being dangerous and that, now, we're just regular... So, he bought a motorcycle, brought it to me and said, "See... we can still be fun... you were the one saying we used to be fun... now, we can be fun again..." as he tried sitting on it. He was having trouble after 8 years of not riding one... he tried to get comfortable on it while trying to look cool and said, "But... before I take you for a ride, I have to practice a bit... I'm a bit rusty..."
And, that was my Valentine's Day...

Tip of the Post: Everyone's love is different... and everyone's love can be celebrated in different ways on Valentine's Day... There is nothing set in stone when it comes to LOVE...

No comments:

Post a Comment