Friday, February 4, 2011

Day Who Cares... Let's talk about Christina...








I have titled this post "Day Who Cares" because I am going to keep doing this until I figure out what I'm going to do next. I have more to say and have changed my mind about playing hide and seek for now, so I hope you guys are still here with me. All I know is that doing this makes me feel better about life and I am here now... so... let's talk about Christina...
Paper Idylls had a great opening reception and I'd like to thank everyone who showed up to take a look at Christina's work up close. She has a very special talent creating work primarily consisting of cut paper, mixed media, and three-dimensional elements, found paper, drawings, and paintings. She finds inspiration and beauty in nature's sceneries and executes her work in raw, visceral, and thoughtful manner. Honestly, those are her words, but no words can describe the naivety and detail that goes into her pieces. You'd have to see it up close to understand exactly what I mean by "no words." I admire her creativity because she is not afraid of being simple and yet so ecstatic. Please come by the gallery during business hours or make an appointment with me so you don't miss what Christina has to offer to the art world.

No comments:

Post a Comment