Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Weakness


There are so many thoughts that run through my head throughout the day that are worth blogging about... There are so many that when I find the time to get to it, it's all fuzzy in my head because they've overlapped so much...
My thoughts have been overlapping a lot lately... I've been here... I've been there... and, sometimes, I've been anywhere else but here... Right now, I'm here and... I'm with you...
No matter where you are, I'm with you... my thoughts are overlapping with you in them. You are what's with me at this moment and, right now, you're all there is...
Today, Armen and I went to speak with a priest about our marriage ceremony. We had been talking about it for a while but hadn't gotten to it yet. Well, today, we found one... and, after setting up the schedule and signing with him, he mentioned that we needed to take "marriage counseling" classes with him, before the ceremony. So, we both nodded our heads and agreed to it, considering that there was one week until the big day. We also agreed to taking our first class right then and there.
"Where were you born?" "How did you first meet?" were some of the questions we were asked. Then, he asked, "What do you like about Armen? Why do you want him to be your husband?" I stared back at him, feeling like I was in a movie, and said, "Well, he's honest, loyal, caring, smart... he's the best man I've ever met... and... he loves me so much..." "Do you love him?" he asked. "Yes, I do..." I answered. Then, he said, "Okay, what don't you like about him?" I sat there and thought about it for a second and said, "He's stubborn... and he needs to communicate more." The priest began to talk with Armen about communication and how important it was as I looked over at him and smiled, all the while laughing so hard inside. Then, he turned back to me and said, "Do you trust him?" and I replied, "Yes, I do... I trust him more than I trust myself."
He moved onto Armen asking him the same exact questions. His answers were predictable as I listened... Then, he answered, "Yes, I trust her more than I trust myself..." Right then, I knew I was right about him all along and that he was also trying to communicate with me.
For me, this husband and wife thing is about everything right, wrong, good, and bad with each other. The bad communication, stubbornness, love, and trust combined makes "us"... That's how we're built and as we move forward, we will try to make ourselves more stable and sturdy.
So, tonight, with all these overlapping thoughts, I wish I could share my thoughts about you to make my life more sturdy... but, all things built have a weakness, and you are mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment