Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Truth...


"Time is precious... but, truth is more precious than time."

That's what my fortune cookie read today...
Truth...
When I think of truth, I think of art...
Somebody walked into the gallery a few days ago and was looking around for a piece to take home. She looked around and told me a bit about how she collects art but is not sure what would work in her home and, at the same time, would be an investment. I told her a bit about the artists, their work, and my ideas, then, left it up to her to decide. I explained that the only way to pick art was to love it. If she loved what she took home, then, it would work, no matter where it went and how much it cost. A person has to feel a certain connection with a piece of art and when they do, it won't matter how much it costs now or fifty years from now; It won't matter if there's space for it or not. That connection will only take place when your truth loves that piece of art. The truth inside is what makes us who we are, what we love, who we love, and how we love. The truth is all that matters in this world, where time is so precious... truth is more precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment