Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 152: Surprise Success






As you can see, the party went well...
Before we left the house, Armen was wearing his suit, which was a new birthday gift, and, he realized his pants were too tight... I asked him if he wanted to wear his old one so he could be more comfortable, and, he replied, "No, it's okay... We're just gonna go for a bit, sit down, and come home, it's okay..." Then, I said to him, "You sure? You should probably change..." trying not to sound too persistent. But, he said, "No, I don't wanna change..." So, I said, "Okay, fine... if you're sure..."
We drove to the restaurant, while I was texting my sister to let her know we'd be there soon... We pulled into the parking lot, parked the car, while my heart beat faster than it ever had before... As we walked towards the restaurant, he saw my dad's Mini Cooper parked there, and said, "Isn't that your dad's car?" I looked over at the car, thought "Oh SHIT!... then, tried to act normal as I said, "I dunno, why would he be here?..." while I shrugged my shoulders and continued to walk towards the restaurant...
I had told him we were going to an Engagement party, so as we walked up to the door, it was quiet and he saw people standing up, taking pictures, but he didn't pay attention to their faces... and, he said, "I think we're gonna walk in on the priest talking, you think we should go in now?" I laughed as he opened the door for me, (which happens very rarely) and walked in feeling relieved that I had, finally, gotten him there...
So, the night was great, with a few toasts, prizes, food, and dancing...
When hosting a party, you don't realize how the night goes by so fast and what actually went on during the party, but, looking at the pictures, I realized that... everything, somehow, comes together at the end...

Tip of the Day: When planning an event, you feel overwhelmed, just tell yourself it'll, somehow, come together...

If any of my readers attended the party last night, I'd like to Thank You for being apart of Surprise Success! We couldn't have done it without you! Thank You so much!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow everthing looks so wonderful! After this Saturday you'll be done with all your events and can finally relax... :) Ur hiking buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speechless! I love you so much and so proud (my heart is filled with happiness) to have you as my DAUGHTER! Love always mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noghli and his mom n dadJuly 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM

    We had a great time as usual you made everything look heavenly beautiful as you always do with your great taste. I danced more than I did in my baby shower which was another surprise party you planned only 3 weeks ago …. You are the most precious gift that our family ever had from God. Who could even dream of more?? We all love you and are proud that we are blessed so much by having you.
    Jilbert, Anet and Noghli

    ReplyDelete