Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 180: Coolant Level Low


So... every once in a while (about twice a week) the coolant level of my car goes down and the warning light goes off... what I do is, I carry around a big jug of water, in the trunk, in case it happens to surprise me sometimes...
The light went off yesterday, and, I hadn't had time to fill it up until today... I parked the car in front of the gallery and popped the hood open and let the coolant top cool down a bit... the car had been on for a while, so the coolant was bubbling from the heat and pouring out...
Due to Armen's knowledge of Auto mechanics, I know a bit about this stuff. He always involves me when trying to fix a part of a car. So, by now, I know how to change a tire, change oil, close a hole in the tire, check my oil, fill my washers, and check on my coolant level.
This knowledge is good to have because it does come into good use when he's out of town, and, I feel like I'm not totally lost when something goes wrong, but in any case, it's always good to have Triple AAA, from personal experience.
Anyway, so I stood there waiting on the coolant to cool down. As I watched it bubble and leak down on the ground, a Hispanic man made a U-turn and parked his car in front of mine. He got out, walked towards me and said, "You okay?" Now, you may be thinking, "Ya, probably a pervert..." right? Well, no, I wouldn't say he was the "pervert" type... First off, I looked like crap, physically, and, second, he looked like he was actually concerned. So, I said, "Ya, I'm just waiting on the coolant to cool down so I can pour some water in it... it's just low..." He said, "Oh, ok, let me check..." as he tried pouring water down the pipe, then, started the car to check the warning lights. Then, he said, "Yes, just wait about 10 minutes... then, it should be okay..." as I replied, "Thanks, thank you so much..." smiling.
Then, he was gone...

Tip of the Day: If you see someone on the road, looking like they're in need of help, and, you have the ability to help, try to... (unless, you're in the middle of Utah and it looks like a movie scene from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

No comments:

Post a Comment