Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 181: Behrouz Vousoughi


Behrouz Vousoughi... that's the name of a Persian actor who's achievements were commemorated, last night, at an awards ceremony at the Gibson Amphitheatre. He was known to be their "Al Pacino" from what I got... It was a well hosted event that lasted 5 hours. Now... the 5 hours, I didn't mind, it was the fact that the whole event was in Persian that bugged me the most. I sat there from 8pm to 1am trying to figure out why the audience, and Armen (who understood almost everything), were laughing. At one point, I looked at Armen and said, "Oh, it's okay, no need to translate... I've got it all down..." with a slight tone of sarcasm in my voice, as I looked at him seriously. Then, he started to translate, but it got a bit difficult to do while he was still trying to listen to the rest of the speech, so, he quit trying, after about 30 seconds of translation. There were about 5 or 6 music performances that I enjoyed, (because music is a universal language...) but the rest of the time, I was simply observing... observing everything and everyone around me.
At around 12:00 AM, I felt like there was something growing underneath me because I had been sitting for so long... I moved my bottom around on the chair a bit, but didn't get up because I had to crawl over 6 people to get to the aisle, so.... I just sat there...
The minutes went by as I thought to myself, "this is such a long ceremony!!!" feeling annoyed and mentally tired...
Then, I looked over to my side where Armen's parents were seated, his mom's eyes full of tears, and his dad's face lit up... At that moment... it was all worth it...

Tip of the Day: It's okay if you don't understand certain languages... Don't let it keep you from experiencing something unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment