Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 191: Save Anything...


My sister and I share a bathroom... almost every morning I watch her brush her teeth. She turns the faucet on, and walks away from the sink while brushing her teeth. So, I walk to the sink and turn it off, and, she walks back to the sink and turns it on...
Honestly, I don't see a point in the water running while she's not there using it... but, it's hard to control other people's actions...
The funniest situation I remember being involved in when trying to save some type of energy was four years ago... I was on a study abroad trip in Greece... We traveled almost everywhere in Greece for a whole month, and, about 40 of us, students, traveled in a big bus. We were in the bus one day, going somewhere, and I was bored with myself... I looked around and there was a girl sitting across the aisle in the seat in front of me... She was listening to her CD player with big headphones on, but, her eyes were closed and her head was resting back... she looked like she was sleeping... So, I thought, "Why let her battery go to waste when she's not getting use of it..." I, simply, (without thinking anymore about it) leaned over the aisle and pressed the STOP button on her CD player... I guess she wasn't sleeping, because a moment later, she opened her eyes, turned her head, and looked at me with a confused expression on her face. She just looked at me... for a while... I didn't really know what to say, so, I just looked back at her with an innocent smile, and said, "I thought you were sleeping... didn't want your battery to die... sorrrryyy..." She still looked confused... she replied, "NO! I'm not sleeping..." as she turned her CD player on, put her headphones back on, and rested her head back. It was that one experience that made me realize that I couldn't just do that... It was a very weird thing to do... but, I do turn the faucet off whenever I get a chance...

Tip of the Day: Try to save any type of energy or water when you get a chance. We can make a big difference if we all do a small part.

No comments:

Post a Comment