Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 196: Bye, Bye Neighbor

Our street is, usually, really quiet...
It's not a top notch neighborhood... but, it's quiet... So, when an Armenian family moved in next door, we were so happy we'd be hearing some noise around here... For the last two years, we've enjoyed their loud families coming over and the smell of their Sunday barbeque.
A couple of years ago, when we were planning my Engagement in our backyard, I wrote a letter to all the neighbors letting them know that we'd be loud that night and that I wouldn't like to see the Police at my door. My sister read my letter and rewrote a much cornier version. She wrote that I had met my other half and that we were going to celebrate our love... and then, some more creative corniness. Well, I went around and passed them out to all the neighbors nearby... leaving it on their porch, mailbox, front doors, windows, etc. On the day of my Engagement, I had a couple of the neighbors come by wanting to "Congratulate the happy couple." One of the neighbors even brought over a pot of flowers... and the Police never showed up that night...
Today, that Armenian family moved out... they packed up the last of their things, and, now, it's really quiet around here again...

Tip of the Day: Get to know your neighbors... They can make your home feel safe at times. They can be of help to your home life either by taking your trash container out one week, saying "Hello," watching your kids, sharing a fruit tree, or even taking the loud music for one night...

No comments:

Post a Comment