Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 202: Blank Goals

You know, it's funny... sometimes, at around 12AM, I realize I need to post, and I sit here, in front of the computer, and stare at the empty box that waits for me to be smart, clever, interesting, funny, and with a good story to tell. Sometimes, I experience many things in my day, but, when it comes to these few minutes, I blank out.
We blank out, sometimes, in life... We get to a certain place where we have no idea... no idea about what's going on, and, all we can do is go on with our daily duties. Today, I realized I might be in that phase where I don't have an idea of what I'm doing. People ask me, all the time, about how the gallery is going, what I'm doing, if I'm getting any work, etc... but, I usually have an answer or response of some kind... Today, I was blank, I didn't say anything... no response... I had no idea what I'm doing, what I've been doing, and what I'm going to do. I just stared back at the person asking me and... that's it... I went blank, just stared, and after a minute, I said "It's good... I'm doing good. It'll work out... it'll be okay..." Then, I began to wonder... I haven't written a list of goals for a while. I'm not clear about my short term goals at this moment in my life, but I think I'm okay with not knowing right now. I can think of the things I want to do, but, right now, I don't want to think of them. Right now, I just want to stare, blink, and say, "It's going to be okay..."

Tip of the Day: When you feel lost about where you're going and what you're supposed to be doing, give yourself a short break, then, write out your goals and make a physical list of everything you plan on doing and keep it somewhere in sight. Then, all you have to do is find the motivation and inspiration to start crossing them off, one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment