Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 190: #67


I went by Home Depot today... I needed a few buckets of paint for the rooms of my future home...
I had an idea of what I wanted but it took me a while to pick out the actual colors... I picked my color swatches and realized that there was one employee working at the paint counter and there was a number system set up for the customers. A middle aged woman and her daughter were also looking at the swatches by me... I looked over at the number display monitor and asked, "Where are the numbers?" The young girl that was with her mom looked over at me and ran in front of me, as she found the number dispensing machine, and pulled a number tag out... I just looked at her, shrugged my shoulders, and walked over to the machine after her... my number was 69... her's was, obviously, 68... so we just stood to the side and waited for our number to come up. While I waited, a lady walked up to me and asked, "Do you need a number?" as I was about to tell her I already had one, I noticed it was number 67, so I took it from her and said, "Thank you so much...." A minute went by, and I realized that, now, I was ahead of the girl who had tried to be slick, so, I smiled and thought, "You got yours...biotch" with a satisfied look on my face. Then, my number came up, so I walked up to the paint counter to turn in my swatches. The girl who thought she was ahead of me walked towards the counter and stood next to me as she tried to take a look at my number... I acted as though I didn't even notice her, but I was laughing inside... The employee went to get my buckets of paint as I stood there waiting... She went over to her mom and said something to her... her mom walked over to the employee and started complaining as she said, "We waiting so long... no body else working?... I have doctor appointment... I can't wait so long... no body else?" I just looked over at her wondering, "Really, lady... you're gonna use a doctor's appointment excuse... what do you think this is... grade school?" I just watched her and minded my own business as I got my buckets of paint and moved on out...
Tip of the Day: Don't try to be slick when it comes to standing in line for something... and, if you come across someone trying to be slick, just ignore it and let them think they're getting away with it... KARMA...
"How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours." Wayne Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment