Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 184: The Devil in Me

We all, or, most of us, have something inside of us that comes out at times... whether it's the "pissed off" you talking or whether it's just your inner filter turning off, we, at times, reveal some things that should rather be kept inside.
The other day, I was pissed off, so, I made some comments to my mom about random things in my life... I probably sounded a bit crazy, because, she looked at me and said, "Iren, jan, (jan means "sweety" in Armenian) mama jan, what are you saying? Do you hear yourself? It's not you, mama jan, it's the Devil talking... " Now... I don't know about you guys, but, the word "Devil" is not a word I like. So, as soon as I heard it, I looked at her, said a few more "Devilish" things and left the room. Personally, my Devil seems to come out usually when Armen is out of town...
She did end up apologizing to me for comparing me to the Devil that day...
A couple of days later, my mom came home... oddly enough, my dad had left the country that day... I heard yelling from the kitchen so I went to see what she was making a commotion about...
I will keep her words to myself, but, after she was done, I just looked at her and said, "Mama jan, what are you saying? It's not you talking... it's the Devil! Are you okay mama jan?" She just stopped yelling and looked at me right before she bursted out laughing...
That moment was priceless...

Tip of the Day: If you have a Devil, which you probably do, if you're human, just try to control your words when you feel like you're about to speak "Devilish..." You might not be around someone that knows you too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment