Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 205: Giving & Receiving

I'm about 2 hours late at posting today... but, I'm here now... in front of the computer wondering what I should give you guys tonight...
Now, I realize that I've received a few gifts today, and a few more in the last two weeks, considering it was my birthday. I've received clothes, jewelry, concert tickets, money, cards, and a trip to Paris, but, tonight, I received a special gift, from a reader actually, who thought that this was perfect for me. It was a figurine that read, "Happiness is having natural beauty." I thought it was perfect... and I was mostly appreciative at the fact that this person had taken the time to look for something they thought would fit me, just ME...
I love it when people set out to find the perfect gift just for YOU. They always say that it's best to gift someone what you'd want to be gifted. I think that the best part of receiving gifts is when you realize how much effort they tried to put into buying something you'd like. That certain something you'd like is not necessarily something they'd pick for themself, but something they'd pick for YOU. It's like when you see something at a store and you say, "That's so ______. She'd definitely wear that!" I think that each and every individual has their own specific taste and style in every single category of life, like artists. There are not two people in the world who would wear the same outfit and love it at the same level, just like there are not two artists that can paint the same painting exactly the same way. No two people are, at all, alike. Opinions about others people tastes are just your taste. All of our tastes, styles, opinions, and ideas come together and make a colorful, beautiful painting of our world and all that it consists of.

Tip of the Day: When buying a gift for someone, think about what you'd see THEM wearing, doing, eating, etc. Try to give them something that they'd smile about...

"The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention." Richard Moss

1 comment: