Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 193: Eat, Pray, Love

I've come across GOD today, alot... Most of my experiences have had to do with religion. I walked into a book store to realize that I had walked into a Christian book store... every book inside had to do with religion, self-help, and the Bible. I even saw an "Idiot's Guide to Religion." Since, there was no one in there and I had walked in, I felt bad just turning around and walking out, so, I looked for something I'd use and bought it. I bought the book "Eat, Pray, and Love" which is a motion picture coming out tomorrow. Everytime they make a book a movie, I try to read the book before I watch the movie, so, I'm going to try to finish this one. Then, I had to listen to Christian radio in the car because that was the only station without static...
Religion is a strange subject... there are many different types I can name and ellaborate on, but, there are so many I, myself, don't know about. In my opinion, religion is just a word... (no offense to anybody...) Religion is just a name we put on our personal beliefs that we have grown up to have. Our life experiences and stand point bring us to our religious ideas. The important thing is that we all believe in something bigger than us... something not in our control. I like to believe that everyone prays to their own GOD and that's the way it should be...

Tip of the Day: We all have our beliefs for our own personal reasons... don't ever feel like you have to put a label on yourself and be "something."

"I have nothing against any of these terms. I feel they are all equal because they are all equally adequate and inadequate descriptions of the indescribable. But we do each need a functional name for this indescribability, and "God" is the name that feels the most warm to me, so that's what I use." Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment