Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 204: Scuba Diving???


I laughed a lot this morning... and... my parents were the reason for it.
My dad has life insurance and he had renew his application over the phone with the Life Insurance company. So, my mom called the company and handed him the phone... I sat there playing with his Ipad listening to his conversation. The lady on the other end, I think, had asked him if he drinks because he said, "Yes, sometimes... beer... wine... you know..." as soon as he said that my mom smacked his knee and started to wave her hands as she made a "NO" with her lips. He got distracted as he looked at her and said, "Uh... no, I don't drink much... sometimes, at events..." As she heard him say that she got up from the couch and started walking around, breathing hard, and smacking her forehead saying, "Oh my god... I said NO... no... no... no... you don't drink anything!!!" I stopped playing on the Ipad and looked up at the both of them as I started laughing at the whole scene. Then my dad said, "No... I don't drink at all... glass of wine... you know... no, I don't drink!" as he looked up at my mom confused. Then, as my mom began to calm down, he said, "Yes, scuba diving... sometimes!" As he said that, I thought my mom was going to choke him... She got up again, looked down at him and said, "What!!! Scuba diving!!! NO! NO! NO!" as she started waving her hands around. He looked up at her walking around crazily and said, "No... I don't know how to scuba dive... I don't..." At this point, I couldn't stop laughing and my mom couldn't stop hyperventilating. I thought she was going to kill him... but, I looked at her and told her to calm down. As she sat down, he answered a couple more questions, correctly this time, and hung up the phone. They started arguing for a bit... but they both couldn't stop from laughing as she said, "Scuba diving! Since when do you scuba dive??? You had one lesson once, six years ago... Oh my god! Men and their egos..." That scene was the highlight of my day... and typing it out made me laugh even more...

Tip of the Day: Enjoy all of life's activities and excitements, but make sure your Life Insurance Company is not aware of your Skydiving and Scuba Diving skills.

1 comment:

  1. I actually laughed out loud reading your blog. That is sooooo funny.

    ReplyDelete