Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 188: An Early Birthday

My birthday is on the 14th of this month... Day 194... We celebrated my birthday today, oddly enough... We did the whole ice cream sundae with a candle, pictures, and gifts... It was really nice to be celebrated almost a week before the actual day...
We went out today... far... across the sea... for a few hours... and, it feels like I just got back from a mini vacation. With all the fun activities, tastes, and sounds, the one thing that stood out the whole day were all the kids and their families. It was really nice to see families spending time with each other. The kids were excited, loud, and active while the parents were cautious, happy, and, mostly, together.
I sat there and watched a couple of kids build things in the sand with each other and, it brought back memories of buckets, shovels, and being buried in the sand. It made me realize what a big difference children make in a family and, that, there's nothing else that can match up to a child's honesty, imagination, and presence. Watching them be children is one of my favorite past times... they make minutes worthwhile... (sorry for sounding so corney... it's a weak spot)
The reason why we celebrated my birthday a week early was so that my parents would have a chance to spend that "Birthday" time with me.
Tip of the Day: Take some time off and spend it with your parents... celebrate your brithday if you have to have an excuse... just spend a few minutes with them for being so cautious, happy, and together, for you, all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment