Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 210: I'm Good...

So, I think I might have scared a few of you guys, or all of you guys, with yesterday's post because a couple of people, today, said to me, "So... I've been reading your blog... it's innnntteerresting..." As I laughed it off, I didn't have a comment. The only thing I have to say is that I have layers of myself... and, sometimes, I rethink the whole 365 day thing. I don't know what to expect from my readers, or myself anymore. Honestly, I'm just going with the flow here...
Everybody has many layers to themselves... There's more to me than a "Tip of the Day"... There's more to me than what you know... I think there's more to all of us than we, ourselves, know. It takes about a million acquaintances, a few children, a couple of grandchildren, and a whole lot more than 365 days to really get to know yourself.
I replied to someone, today, by saying, "When I have bad days, it gets interesting..."
But... today... today is a "good" day... Today is the two year Anniversary of mine and Armen's Engagement. Happy Anniversary to the one man I'd bet my life on... you're so good to me that I'd wish each woman in the world can experience someone like you in their life.
I remember, at our Engagement, my mom tried to make a toast... she got teary and couldn't speak when she began... She said that she remembered her dad, today (my grandpa who passed away years ago)... and that she wishes us to be good... good... and... then... good. I can remember her saying the word "good" a lot. She made it clear that she wants us to be good. We think of that word very passively, but, when you really think about, being "good" is all we all need.

So... I'm good...

Tip of the Day: There's a lot more to everybody than we think... so wish them all to be "good."

"A grown-up is a child with layers on." Woody Harrelson

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more..we can all be so quick to judge the book by the cover at times, whether it'd be a positive or negative judgement. It is not until we start to flip the pages, that we learn more than imagined, sometimes for the better and sadly sometimes for the worse..but it's the beauty of life, we live and we learn!

    Happy Anniversary to you and Armen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you and Armen!
    I love your positive attitude towards everything around! You are one of akind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when your good your good.... lol.. that makes so much sense:)
    Happy Anniversary to you and Armen!!
    and all your posts are interesting .. maybe each post reveals some of those layers;)

    ReplyDelete