Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 160: A Walk to Remember...

Today is Day 160... that means I, only, have 205 days to go... seems to be going by so fast. I wonder how different life will be on Day 365? It seems like 205 days are so many days, but, it'll probably fly by so quickly, I'll want to do this for another year... Hey... maybe, you can never tell...
It's funny how minutes, hours, and days go by... Some of us can't wait for the day to be over... some of us can't wait for a certain event 2 months from now... and, some, of us are already planning on what to wear tomorrow...
We live each day according to our plans, and, when we reach a certain point, we look back and realize that a few, or many, years have passed...
If you're about my age, just think about how many years it has been since high school, and you'll catch my drift... And,.. it's interesting how when we try to think back, we can think back to big events in our lives. We all remember where we were on 9/11, so just think about how many years it has been since then...
Today was, kind of, a big event for me... It was actually just another Sunday, until, around 9:30p.m. I stepped outside to take the trash out... I saw a lady walking two of her small, white puppies... I dumped the trash as I started walking back to the house when I heard a woman screaming, "Stop, stop, no, no, no!" It sounded like she was being attacked. So, I stood there listening, waiting to hear laughter, hoping someone was playing a prank... but, there was no laughter...
I started walking towards the screaming voice as the neighbor across the street also went running. I walked faster, hesistant about what I was about to see. Then, I realized a puppy had been run over on the street, and the owner was the lady screaming... As I walked towards the scene, a Jeep drove off as though it was running from the Police. She just sat there on her knees, with her back towards the, now dead, puppy, on the concrete floor, crying. The man that had run to her was her husband, and, he just stood there staring at the puppy...
I walked over and picked up her other puppy, that was running around ballistically, and just stood there petting it. After about 5 minutes, I walked over to her and patted her shoulder as I thought about what would be the best thing to say at that point... I just said, "It'll be okay..."
I was confused about the way I was supposed to react to this sort of situation, so, I just stayed quiet until the husband took the puppy's covered body... I helped her up and walked her home...
She was pretty sad, and, I will remember today, Day 160, because of her cry and sadness... but, it's okay... I will also remember yesterday, Day 159, because I was so happy to see a beautiful bride walk down the aisle...
Tip of the Day: We remember each big event for a reason, sad or happy, it's all apart of life, and, life, goes by so quickly, that it's best to live each moment fully and pay more attention to today than your plans for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment