Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 161: Good night, sweet dreams...


If you can believe it, I don't have much to say tonight...
When my sister and I were kids, we shared a bedroom... we'd talk and laugh when we got into our beds until my mom would come back into the room and whisper cuss words telling us to keep quiet and that they were trying to sleep. We'd giggle after she left the room, then, we'd say good night to each before we'd turn around and, finally, go to sleep. The significance of the part we'd say good night was that we'd say it "3" times and no less... We'd have to say, "Good night, sweet dreams... good night, sweet dreams... good night, sweet dreams..." to each other, then, it was okay to fall asleep. I also remember having to say good night to my parents every night before going to bed. I'd make the effort to find them, wherever they might have been in the house at that time, to say good night and give each of them a kiss. Back then, good night meant something... that's how we'd end our day, which made it a happy ending every night...
I'd like to say good night to everyone and sweet dreams to you...

Tip of the Day: Say good night to those around you before you go to bed... it, somehow, makes your day more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment