Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 219: Perfection

"You Have a Yearning for Perfection"... that's what my fortune cookie said today...
The definition of "yearning" is" an intense or overpowering longing, desire, or need; craving
The definition of "perfection" is: freedom from fault or defect; the quality or state of being saintly; an exemplification of supreme excellence; an unsurpassable degree of accuracy or excellence.
The reason why I looked up these words is because I had a faint feeling that my fortune cookie might have been telling me the truth. I live everyday trying to sleep perfect (in my PJs without any makeup on), look perfect (putting makeup up and getting dressed up), be perfect (be happy), do perfect (try to make anyone I can happy), and think perfect (writing these blogs "Everyday Modest" giving out tips on how to be perfect)... I think the only thing I don't try to do perfectly is "eat perfect" (which I should be doing)...
To me, I have a perfect relationship with a perfect man, a perfect family, a more than perfect job, and so on... But...
In my idea, everybody thinks about these things daily. We have to strive for better things in our lives or else we'll won't grow and change as people. It's when you feel you tire yourself out trying to be "perfection," then, something is not right.
I'm not going to go on a write about how no one's perfect and how we all need to be happy with ourselves because we've all heard that before...
This morning, Armen and I got into a small argument about something really stupid. I left the room telling him to find someone else to iron his shirt and set out his clothes today. Not to my surprise, he didn't try to get ready by himself. He just stood there until I reacted to him. I asked him to apologize... then, he asked me to apologize. So, we both said "sorry" for our mistakes... then, I was happy to get him his clothes. Fifteen minutes later, he was dressed, and I was smiling...
Today, I'm going to state that my fortune cookie was telling the truth. I realize that I do yearn for perfection, and, maybe, most of us do, but, life's imperfections are what make it so perfect. The apologies, arguments, and making-up is what make my life so perfect...

Tip of the Day: It's okay to yearn for perfection if you know what perfection is for you...


No comments:

Post a Comment