Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 239: The Old & the New

My grandma is over at our house... it's her sleepover night. She's the forgetful one, so she wasn't planning on having me come home tonight because she thinks I got married and moved out. Well, to her surprise, I did come home and I still live here. She'll be right on the dot by this time next year, but not just yet.
With a day full of tasks and duties, it's nice to see her. Having her around takes me back to a place I tend to forget sometimes. Her presence gives me a feeling of childhood warmth and comfort I forget used to exist. These days, life seems to be full of the new and less of the old.
So much change happens throughout the years that our lives seem to be somebody else's at times. We, as humans, can tolerate changes and grow with them, so, as the years go by, we stop at certain points and wonder how we got here at all. Our past lives become distant memories and we move on, just like we're supposed to.

One day, I know, I will have moved out and she'll be here waiting for me to get home...

Tip of the Day: Life is an extraordinary thing. Sometimes, remind yourself of the old so that you don't forget where you came from and how you got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment