Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 238: The Moon

Today, I learned that it's daytime on the moon for 14 days, and nighttime for 14 days. I've never really studied the moon so I'm not sure how it all works. All I really know about the moon is that it has a face and that's because I had to pay close attention when trying to draw or paint it. I've always been able to spot it's facial expression at any given time, even when it wasn't full. I believe the moon to be a female because her expression is of a woman's. To me, she's sensitive, kind, and very calm. I imagine her to be modest and sincere, even with all that she witnesses watching us, humans, perform down here. Not everyone could take her place, if anyone. With all that goes on in the world, she shows up every night with a smile on her face. There is nothing that can make her frown because, I think, she has the strength of kindness and love. Sometimes, with everything going on in our lives, we feel like it can't get any worse, but, atleast, we have the privilege in having the freedom to walk away or change a situation. Atleast, we don't have to stand around and smile all the time...

Tip of the Day: Always remember that our situation, no matter what it is, can be worse. Be thankful for experiencing everything in your life.
Thank you for not giving up on us and sticking around every night.

"Man is now able to soar into outer space and reach up to the moon, but he is not moral enough to live at peace with his neighbor." Sri Sathya Sai Baba

No comments:

Post a Comment