Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 212: An Orange Fruit Bar

I sit here at the kitchen table eating a fruit bar... and it's orange flavored, my least favorite, (I think it might be 90% of the world's least favorite...) but I'm eating it because it's the last one... it doesn't taste as bad as it sounds.
Growing up I've always tried to notice my weaknesses as a person. I've always tried to see myself from a different persepective so that I could see what I could improve on as I grew up. I've always known that I'm not one to stand up for myself, or anybody else, for that matter. Certain situations I've been through have taught me that standing up for "anything" is my weakness. I've always know that, but, today, I realized that I'm still that way... no improvement... It is still my weakness.
I've been lucky enough to have a few people in my life stand up for me as I stood by and watched them, admiring their courage. A couple of those people, I know, are dedicated readers, and a couple of others are certain family members, and, I am so thankful for their courage in my life at those times, where I lack it most.
I've always liked there to be kindness, smiles, understanding, and agreements happening (in a simpler form: PEACE).... so, when I'd get caught in an uncomfortable situation, I'd try to avoid it. Well, I still try to avoid it...
I've heard that "sorry" is the hardest word... in lyrics, poems, etc. but, for me, it, kind of, comes naturally. Lately, I find myself saying "sorry" more times than necessary. It might be a strength at times, and a weakness at others, but, at the end of the day, I am what I am... I can try to improve certain weaknesses to become some thing other than a weakness, but, I don't think they'll ever be my strengths. I don't think I'd want them to be my strengths... I think I'm okay with having weaknesses...
Maybe, I'm just an orange fruit bar...
Tip of the Day: Recognize your weaknesses and try to work on them. There's nothing wrong with having a weakness... everyone has them, but few can strengthen them.
"The greatest weakness of all is the great fear of appearing weak." Jacques Benigne Bossuel

1 comment:

  1. If you are an orange fruit bar than you are one of the most amazing and rare once, because I have never seen an orange fruit bar quiet like you...
    Love you forever...

    ReplyDelete