Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 304: Bring a Piece of it Home...

The 1st piece of my art tile collection

There are days when I have the energy to write out two posts and there are days, like today, when I'd rather just go to sleep. Last night, I logged in to write the day's post when I realized I had already published yesterday's post. So, I thought about posting another one but didn't know what day to call it so I didn't. Now, tonight, I wish I had done one last night...
Well, the reason why I lack energy is because I've had a long day of "to do's" and, now, I'm pooped. Between the bank visits, mall shopping, my sister arguing with a Macy's supervisor, and getting my eyebrows done, I visited the museum. I walked around the museum from room to room while I exhaled out my worries and frustrations, and took in the lines, colors, strokes, and history of everything around me. There was one, certain moment when I stopped, while I was staring at a painting, and thought, "There is nothing better than art in this world! Nothing... how could something be better than this? This is created from nothing... nothing... there's nothing better than this... maybe... sex... food... but, no, they can't be... nothing can be better than this! This is it for me... this is what I live for... look at how beautiful this is... almost as beautiful as life... almost... yup, this is it..." At that moment, I felt a kind of satisfaction that I had never felt before... it was the most amazing feeling I had ever felt about anything... it was almost as good as life itself. So, I decided the best thing to do was to bring a piece of it home, for my home... Now, we have to decide if it's going to go in the kitchen or bathroom...?

Tip of the Day: When something makes you feel extraordinary, bring a piece of it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment