Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 310: My Other Self


Everything passes... We wake up one day and realize that it all passed... Everybody changed, everybody grew, everybody moved on... and, you're here, trying to figure out how it all happened. Being an artist is an extraordinary profession, but it's also a lonely profession. We concentrate on something for so long, until it's exactly the way we want it to be, but, then, when we look up from our masterpiece, everything around us has changed somehow. So, we have the talent and these skills that most people admire, but, we have another self that doesn't move on with the rest of the world. Even though, it seems we've grown also... our minds are in the same place they were when we showed up to art school the first day. I say, "we" because I believe this for most artists out there. There may be exceptions, but I believe that creativity can take over who you are and your whole world. It all happens quite extraordinarily actually... it's, somehow, indescribable how it all happens, but, I'd like to say that I try to live every moment in my other self... no matter if I wake up one day and realize the whole world has passed me by, I would have lived...

Tip of the Day: If you are one who has another self, you are capable of so much more than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment