Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 327: All I want for Christmas...


I'm getting used to sharing other people's stories... but, tonight, I'd like to start off my story by saying, "Merry Christmas to you all!"
This year, besides my Eiffel tower ornament, which I already received, there is nothing in particular I can think of that I want... The other day, I asked Little man what he wanted for Christmas and he answered, "Ummm... I don't know... maybe an Ipad... or... I don't know, I don't really want anything." It made me think of how a 10 year old kid and I, a 26 year old, could both not want anything for Christmas? I realized that it's not that he can't come up with a toy and I can't come up with a "brand name" something, but this year, life, somehow, seems complete. Maybe, his life seems complete at 10 too... I think that the only thing we, both, could think of wanting was more time. He always asks me to stick around and play... so, Santa, Little Man would like more time to play this year. He wants more time to spend with the people he loves, and, me... well, Santa, all I want for Christmas is more time with everyone and everything. Life is passing by too quickly. This Christmas, I'd like to stay in this moment longer...

Tip of the Day: Think about what you really want for Christmas this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment