Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 309: It was "Rambo"


I was on the phone with a Communications representative... the account was under Armen's name and he needed to give them an over the phone consent so that I'd be able to access his account. Well, the representative tried calling him a couple of times and he didn't pick up so he came back on the line and said, "Ma'am, he's not picking up the phone call. I left a message so we have to wait until he calls back and gives his consent for us to be able to move forward." I answered, "Oh, ok... can you try calling him again?... or, maybe... is there any other way I can gain access because I'd really like to get my internet to work..." To my surprise, he answered, "Yes, there is another way... you can answer one of his security questions... ummm, ok, what's his favorite movie?" That didn't take me long to answer because he watches it a few times in a row every couple of months... "First Blood!" I answered confidently and smiled thinking, "Wow, this was easy!" Then, he said, "Ya, but what's his name?" I quickly answered, "Sylvester Stallone!" as I laughed to myself. Then, he said, "No ma'am I'm sorry... what's the character's name?" At that point, the name "Rambo" had escaped me. I tried to remember for a few seconds and couldn't. I felt like I was in that "Got Milk" commercial where the guy has to answer the million dollar question with his mouth full. I, simply, could not remember the name "Rambo" so I gave up... My internet didn't work for a couple of more hours, but we had a great laugh about the whole thing.

Tip of the Day: Know the simplest things about the people around you. You never know when they'll come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment