Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 314: The Suggestion Box

When the wedding planning started, I told everybody (both moms, and the whole family) that I was going to have a suggestion box for anyone, besides Armen, who has a suggestion about the wedding. Well, honestly, it was mostly meant for MY mom because she tends to let a lot of ideas slip sometimes, but the whole idea was a joke that we laugh at from time to time.
Well, the family had a lot to say about the wedding today... Let's just say that if we did have a suggestion box, it would, definitely, be full.
We talked about certain details, ideas, and, of course, all of the suggestions being passed around. I tried to stay quiet and take it all in because I probably would not experience this again. So, I listened and even contributed to most of it, but, honestly, at times, I wanted to say, "No, that's not how we want to do it! This is how we're going to do it!" Fortunately, I think I reacted better than I expected myself to... Fortunately, I let myself enjoy it... all of it... every single thing it consisted of... and, now, I'm glad I did because I know exactly how everyone feels and I understand that they have their own opinions. Their personalities, ideas, and suggestions make them who they are, and that makes them special in their own way... special just for me... my family.

Tip of the Day: Understand that your family has their own outlook on certain things in life for you and, that, they have suggestions because they want the best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment