Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 329: My Own Nest



Since this is going to be my last Christmas at home, my sister and I decided to spend some quality time together this Holiday... We have created a disaster on the dining room table trying to make ornaments. We had been wanting to do it for quite some time now but, this year, it was different. This year, it is our last year together in this house...
I've been purchasing some items for my future home, recently, and my mom has been packing it up in a box for me. Today, she was packing some napkin rings I had bought as she said, "Ok, so we'll just start packing everything up like this... we'll put it in the closet and it'll be ready for you to take with you..." Then, she called me a "donkey" in Armenian and closed the top of the box. I wasn't surprised at her words because I understood that the word "donkey" was coming from her heart. She couldn't think of any other word to describe her feelings at the moment... "Donkey" was the only way she could express herself... so I understood, smiled and said, "Okay, mom just put the box away..."
Well, the dining room table is still the way it looked when we first started our ornament project, and, I'm sure it'll look that way until next year... But, oddly enough, I don't think I'll be hearing a lot of complaints because they're really letting me enjoy my last few months here at home... until I go to my own nest...

Tip of the Day: Make sure you enjoy every single person's company when they're around because they're not going to be there forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment