Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 319: Baby, It's Cold Outside...


I apologize for the terribly, scary image from last night. I think I was half asleep and didn't realize how weird it was, but, hey, what can I say, it happens...
I'm better this morning... I thought I'd post early today so that I can make up for yesterday.
"Baby, it's cold outside..." is what my mom was saying to me this morning. I dressed myself and as I put my shoes on she came into my room and said, "You're wearing that? Baby, it's cold outside... " trying not to be confronting. "Im fine... it's okay. It's not that cold..." She looked back at me and forgot the tone she previously had as she yelled, "What are you wearing? Take it off! You're wearing a skirt! It's freezing! You can't go anywhere like that! People are going to wonder if you have a mom and if she cares about you! Your legs... they're bare! Look! Look outside the window... it's snowing!" I turned around and looked out the window... and, just as I had thought, there was no snow... "Mom, where do you see snow outside? I'm looking and I don't see any snow..." as I laughed. She replied, "Well, there is snow! It's December! There's snow everywhere now around the word! (Meaning "world" in her accent) We just in California so we don't see snow... but it's snowing!" The only way I could respond to that was putting some tights on... and, honestly, I'm glad I did because Baby, it's cold outside...

Tip of the Day: Listen to your parents when it comes to taking good care of yourself... even if they sound like they're hallucinating.


1 comment:

  1. Your mom is absolutely hilarious. I miss her so much! I can totally imagine her saying that.

    ReplyDelete