Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 305: Life's Ferris Wheel


I sit here in the garage, while the noise of the spinning dryer is louder than ever... I've sat down about eight times today, wanting to start today's post and every time I wanted to get started, there was something that needed to be done before I could get started. Now, the doors to the laundry closet have to be closed so that I can be able to hear my own thoughts. This happens to me sometimes... Sometimes, every single little noise or disquiet bothers me. It happens when my mood is not at its normal stance. I've had to write, while in this mood, a few times before in the past 300 days and, on these days, I'd rather just write "Tip of the Day: You're not perfect. You don't know everything... so stop trying to be whatever it is you're trying to be. Screw what everybody else thinks today... today, just let go of what you feel you should be and... just get over it!" That's actually what I want to give you for the tip of the day today, but, then, I stop to think, and I realize that besides the noise of the dryer and everything else that I'd rather not think about right now... I realize that this is only temporary... everything in life is almost temporary.
Everything changes, if we want it to, or not. We all change, day to day, month to month, year to year... there is no stopping it. The world goes on, no matter who's on board. No matter what mood you're in, time will pass. If you choose to let the dryer noise get to you in this minute, time will go by, and you won't even notice that you let the dryer take over a moment of your life. Then, after a few moments have gone by, it'll be so many hours, days, and years passed, that you'll just stand there and watch everything go by.
The other night, I had a dream... I dreamt that I was on a ferris wheel and it wouldn't stop... it kept going and going, and I wanted to get off but there was no way... it was too far down. So, I just sat there...
Now, I can go to sleep and hope for better weather tomorrow...

Tip of the Day: Sometimes, life can seem like a ferris wheel that won't stop when you want it to, but maybe you should try to enjoy the ride rather than think about getting off. If you do get off, you might miss the sunrise or sunset from the top...

No comments:

Post a Comment