Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 14: Two weeks down...50 weeks to go



Get Out of Your Norm and Try Something Different

Since I've been thinking about love a lot lately, I'm kind of drained out. Love takes a lot out of you. Even thinking about it so much makes you sigh deeply, so, I'm going to lay off love for a while. Since Valentine's Day is over, we can all go back to being rude, ignorant, and unloving again. No, I'm just kidding. Annoyingly enough, everyday should be like Valentine's Day, but we all know, that's never going to happen. I guess, just try your best, which is all we can do. But, today, I want to think about a lighter subject.
Today, someone I know decided to stay home and not show up to work. She just decided that she wanted to sleep in and do whatever for the day. She said, "I just don't feel like going to work, I've worked too much lately." I just looked at her and asked, "Are you depressed?, You know what you should do? ... go home and watch My Sister's Keeper and cry a bit." She looked at me and started to laugh as she asked, "Why would I want to cry?" I started to laugh with her and told her it was just a suggestion. It was weird for a second, but then I realized that it wasn't a bad idea, actually.

Tip of the Day: Everybody should do something different sometimes. Especially, the ones who have daily routines and schedules. I apologize, but I can't relate to people who do have regular, everyday routines, but in order to stay sane, please take the day off and enjoy your day. Do anything but work. Do it to get out of your norm.

"I was doing something today that I'd never done before, a small thing, granted, but how often do I get to say that? And what will I be able to do tomorrow that I can not yet do today?" Elizabeth Gilbert, from her book Eat Pray Love



No comments:

Post a Comment