Friday, February 12, 2010

What is Love? Day 11

This is the Time of Our Lives
So...we have support, learning to let go, and passion so far. I'm trying my best not to get on the corny, boring side here... We can say love is respect, honesty, understanding, etc., but that's boring crap. We all know the common things love consists of, so let's think about it a bit longer, and come up with something that will actually help us in our daily life.
You know, I thought I was the only one here, writing away, with no one paying attention (except for the couple of people in my life who are forced to read this thing), but a friend told me, today, that she looks forward to reading it everyday. Why? Do I really make sense and can I really hold your attention until the last period? :) I guess I can! So, I'm kind of excited now, but, the pressure is on.
Sometimes, I feel like I don't have any girl friends. I had best friends when I was younger, but they didn't last. My sister has been my best friend in my life for many years now. As we grow up, get busy, and change as individuals, we begin to pick out certain relationships and get rid of others. We grow apart from some and grow closer to others that seem more important. So, we decide what we want our lives to be like and who we want in our lives. Not to say that, we don't care for the people we let go, but there is something that brings us to our decisions.
The other day, I received an email from a girl friend of mine that I see about once a year. She's a bit far and thought that she should make me aware of a mutual friend's sad situation. She asked me if I could pay attention to that friend and try to give her something to smile about. The fact that she took the time to care, and write to me, makes her an unbelievable human being. She, obviously, knows about support and passion. She also made me realize that, love is making time. Making time for the things and the people in our lives is what's going to matter later. Everybody has issues, responsibilities, and work. Trust me, you're not the only one.

Tip of the Day: Plan something for this weekend and do it. Not just because it's Valentine's Day, but because you want to. Think about what's most important to you, and reward your relationship with some time. Just try to relax and enjoy yourself!

"There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing." - Brian Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment