Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 26: Smile :) You're on camera!


It's Saturday today, and I decided to come to the gallery to get some work done. We're getting ready for an opening on Friday, April 2nd. I will post up some more info. in the next few weeks. Two artists, Larisa Safaryan and Ani Gevorgian, will be showing their work here at the gallery. Both girls are extremely talented and can't wait to share their work with the public. I am excited for them! So, to get to my point... I am at the studio trying to get some postcards ready to advertise the event.
Oh, and I'm also here because, yesterday, my computer was threatened, so I thought I'd sit here and protect it from being stolen... Some retards walked by and yelled, "Imma take your computer B***H!" Ya, it really brought my mood down, but I looked up at them as they walked by and tried to take a picture of them in my head. I sat there for a while and thought about what I could do to prevent something like that from happening, even though I have an alarm system. So...I wrote on a piece of paper: Smile, :) you're on camera! and put it up on the door. I thought is was pretty clever, but, I don't know...let's just hope it doesn't happen, and I know they probably don't read my blog, so it's safe to say that I don't have cameras here. I will get some soon because it seems like an area without sidewalks comes with its common side effects.
To be honest, sometimes, I wish I carried a handgun around (especially in my car) just to scare some people shitless when they really deserve it!
But, it could be worse...earthquake in Chile...my heart goes out to them. Hopefully, the earthquakes will stop for a while because they seem like they're on a roll right now. Just a tip: don't watch the news too much, it'll, definitely, get you down on this rainy day.
On a happier note, I'm excited for the opening! The event will be posted on Facebook, etc. so you guys will be notified and I hope to see you there!

Tip of the Day: Try not to pay too much attention to the negative stuff going on around you. Concentrate on what's positive and try to be productive with your day, despite the rain and bad news all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment