Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Honesty or Modesty?

I made it to Day 3!
Hopefully, I'll make it to Day 300 in 297 days. This is exciting for me. I hope you guys enjoy reading this stuff as much as I enjoy writing it.
So... I wanted to change a few things around starting today. I think I am going to keep some things to myself. The first two day posts have been unfiltered and total honesty. That is what I enjoy and hope to do for the next 297 days, but, maybe, filtering some of it will be better for all of us. I will be changing some things around, so if you guys are reading these posts, some feedback would be great. Let me know what you think and what you enjoy reading about most, so that I can push myself in that direction.
But for now... honesty is what is on my mind. I'm used to spitting out whatever comes to mind and that gets me in trouble or in awkward situations, most of the time, but, sometimes, I can't help it. It just happens naturally for me. It's the way I function.
The world around us, today, is not honest. It's mostly a gathering of people who like to be honest with themselves and the world, but, in reality, can't because of certain consequences and situations they try to avoid.
I mentioned in yesterday's post that I was rejected in a certain situation and that happened because I was being totally honest. I was 90% sure that I would be rejected if I brought the subject up, but I still went on and said it. At the time, I thought, "What the hell...I'm just gonna do it." Then, afterwards, I thought, "Shit, I shouldn't have said that." Then, after a long while, I'm thinking, "I'm glad I was honest, I would've wondered about it if I hadn't asked." So, I guess honesty is something that we have to think about often here on Earth, being human and interacting with each other. We make an honest decision everyday, unconsciously. Our upbringing, morals, and family are what give us the limits to our honesty. But, always remember that:

"Everyone of us lives his life just once; if we are honest, to live once is enough" by Greta Garbo

Tip of the day: Be honest about one thing today. Tell someone (mom, sister, dad, spouse) how you feel about them, call someone you've been thinking about and tell them you've been thinking about them, or write an honest letter to yourself about your life and be as honest as possible. Even if you try talking to yourself, while being honest, it feels better. Trust me! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment