Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 2...money, money, money

Nobody Has a Money Tree in their Backyard!

Hello and Welcome to Day 2 of Everyday Modest!
So, I didn't sleep well, at all, last night. I lay there thinking about what I would write about today. Then, finally, I fell asleep, but, at 6am, my brain woke up confused again. Despite a rejection I got yesterday about a certain situation, I had to come up with something else. Finally, I just got out of bed, did my usual morning "getting ready" routine, while thinking quietly. Then, as I looked at myself in the mirror, I said to myself, "just let it go, something will come to you."
This being such a personal project, it's very difficult for me to edit my thoughts and experiences. With all that's going on in my head, I need to edit this stuff so that you guys don't get a confused look on your faces after reading the post.
Then, as I left the house, trying to be aware of everything happening around me, (like arguing with my sister for the bathroom) I experienced the experience I want to tell you guys about today.
First off, I'm going to introduce my fiance, Armen, because he's probably going to be mentioned an abundant of times in the next year. Armen and I have been together longer than I can think back to remember. We were friends before we were romantic with each other, so he's like my best friend. He's very good to me in every way, and, me, well, I try.
So, we decided to stop by the bank this morning before he dropped me off at the gallery. As we walked towards the double doors of the bank, I thought about the deposit I had to make and how much of it was going to be left, after the overdrawn amount was paid off. We walked in together to the vacant bank. As he walked off to the teller beside me, I walked up to another and spoke in a very low voice asking her, "Can I get a printed transaction history?" As I looked over at Armen, he was cashing a check. I slid my card through the machine as she said out loud, "Do you know your account is overdrawn?" I just nodded my head at her and gave her the checks I needed to deposit. After depositing, I had just enough funds left over to keep my account from being negative. I got the print out of my transaction history from her and walked over to Armen, while looking over the numbers. He looked at me, and asked, "Are you overdrawn?" I just looked at him and shook my head. Before he could say anything else, the teller slipped a wad of $100 bills under the window to him and asked, "Rubber band?" Armen smiled and said, "No, thanks," as he picked up the bills and slipped it into his pocket. So... I guess, you could say we're a couple with our differences.
From my own experiences, my financial problems arise because I don't bother myself with the counting and headache. But being in these situations, I realize that it's so worth the headache. Today's tip is one that I need to try out myself. Just because I give out the tips doesn't mean I got it all down myself, because "God knows," I need a bit of advice myself. So, my account is not overdrawn and I am aware of the amount that is available now. :)

Tip of the Day: Try to keep a daily log of your expenses and income. It will make life so much easier when you know where it's all going at the end of the month.

"Money is a headache, and money is the cure. " ~Everett Mámor


3 comments: