Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 25: It's still dark!

Today, I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to my alarm. I got out of bed, turned the sound off, and went back to bed...then...a text "You up?." I had promised a friend of mine I'd meet her at 6 a.m. to go hiking. Wow...did I regret doing that at that moment. So I replied, "ya" and stayed in bed for another 15 minutes. I lay there and looked out the window a couple of times to make sure I was seeing right: It was still dark outside. What the hell was I thinking? Why would someone go hiking in the dark? But...I had to get up! So, I toughed it out, finally got out of bed, brushed my teeth, and left the house. Once, I got there...it was okay, I guess. By the time we were coming back down the hill, the sun was up, and that's when it felt nice to be up that early. That was the point when I was glad I had gotten out of bed so early.
Now, it's 12:30 p.m. and I've already had a really long day. I have about 12 more hours ahead of me before I crash, so...what do I do now?

Tip of the Day: Try to wake up a bit earlier everyday and get your day started. It's that one moment, when you're warm in bed, that's the hardest part, but when you're up and awake, it's really nice. You actually get to have a morning instead of the one hour before noon. For those who are already up at 7 or 8 a.m., you're crazy! Try sleeping in for a day, your body might need some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment