Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 16: ?$!....


So, this is really hard to admit, but I had nothing to write about today. I mean, I did, but my mind was totally blank at one point. I tried everything: listening to a variety of music, reading blogs, posts, the news, magazines, books, chocolate, phone conversations, etc. At one point, I was wondering if I should post that, today, I have nothing for you guys. I sat here, in front of the computer for a while, thinking about what I would care about enough to write about. Then, I remembered I keep a 5 year diary, which is 5 years of day by day entries. I looked inside to what I did last year on this day, but it was blank. It seems I didn't feel like writing on the 17th of February, 2009.
So... I sat here a bit longer, and stared into space, sipping my, now, cold coffee, and wondered when the hell it was going to come to me. I decided to get up and do other things, and try not to think about it for a while. So, I got up, started to work on something else, when a Hispanic guy came to my door, looked through the glass door window, and yelled, "Hi, how are you?" I went over to open the door because I saw the bucket in his hand. He was from an organization of Youths Against Violence here in Tujunga, and they come by every once in a while with a bucket of the long sugar sticks, and Tamarindo sticks, which I love. They give you a stick for every dollar and give out a small piece of paper explaining what they do. Before I opened the door, I grabbed money from my wallet knowing that I wanted some Tamarindo sticks. I opened the door, greeted him, handed him the money, and got my snacks. He greeted me, but totally forgot to present himself by telling me why he was doing what he was doing. (He probably felt like there was no need to, since I already had the money in my hand) He handed me the plastic wrapped Tamarindo sticks, and said, "Have a nice day!" I smiled, walked in, and closed the door, realizing that I still haven't donated to Haiti Relief.
Someone I know hadn't donated because every advertisement they heard on Haiti donations, was asking for $10 instead of $5. He was talking about how he wanted to donate $5, and was waiting for them to ask for $5. I thought it was funny at first, but it made sense. Hey, at least, he wanted to donate.
Tip of the Day: Donate $1, $2, $5, $10 to someone/something. Donate it to something you care about. It'll make you feel better about yourself. If you can help out, why not?

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/the_pig_and_the_chicken_were_on_their_way_to/335664.html

No comments:

Post a Comment