Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 17: I'm Late!


I have an interview today... :/ I haven't had an interview since Baskin Robbins back in 2002. Wow, that's a long time ago! I'm not sure what to think about it, but I'm not nervous at all. I take Ceramics and Yoga classes at Mcgroarty Arts Center here in Tujunga, and they have classes for all ages. I thought that if I'm going to go up there twice a week, I should probably get involved in something else the school provides. So, I looked into it, and I found out that they need TA's for the kid's art classes. It sounded cool to me, so...today is interview day. I wasn't even sure what to wear in the morning. I remember we learned what to do in high school, but, sorry to say, that was almost 10 years ago. So, I just put some jeans and a nice sweater on. After all, I'm not applying for the president's assistant job. If I was, Obama would be disappointed at my outfit, but it's just kid's art classes.
So, I sit here at my desk, at the studio, 22 minutes before the interview, blogging. I think I should get going now... I remember learning that it's better to be 10 minutes early, right? Oh, and I have no resume to show (very few artists have resumes, and I wasn't going to write out my experience in ice cream scooping now), but I did fill out this 4 question questionnaire, which, basically, covered everything they needed to know. Ok, I have 19 more minutes until showtime.
Oh, by the way, yesterday my sister asked me, "So, what happened, did you donate to Haiti relief, or not?" If I left you guys wondering, I thought I said that I realized then that I had not, which meant that I had not. She said she was wondering... I will donate, but not yet. Maybe...next week, when I feel like being kind again.
Tip of the Day: Get involved/participate in something that you enjoy, maybe just for the Spring/Summer. It'll keep you feeling upbeat and you'll learn from a new surrounding. You'll learn more than you think, even if they're 5 year old kids with their hands and faces covered in paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment